You may have lived in the city all his life circle or were relatively new to the city. But have you ever really listen to what others say about Indianapolis? Two decades ago, perhaps it was: "Why do I have to spend their weekends here?" In Indianapolis Capitol was recognized as an amateur sport for many years; She blossomed into so much more.
Indianapolis is not only the 13th-largest in the United States, but it is a marvelous place to live, work, play, food, shops … And the list goes on and on. Most people living in Indianapolis, proud of their city, but they may not know all the fun facts that you can share with your friends, relatives and visitors.
Consider this your "Indianapolis" brag session. "
• Indianapolis Cultural Trail, the legacy of Jane and Marilyn Glick – urban cycling and world-class pedestrian road that connects neighborhoods, cultural districts and entertainment facilities as well as serve as the center hub for the entire central Indiana system. Vasmimilny path allows users to pass by and through many areas that make Indianapolis a recognized leader in the artistic community. The trail will be completed before 2012.
• Indianapolis boasts a children's Museum of Indianapolis, not only the largest museum in the world, but also publishes magazines "Best Museum". Among the interactive, practical attractions – dynasfera; dinosaur skeleton shows in natural size and simulates fossil resources. In 2006, the 43-foot firework glass has been installed, the biggest constant blown glass sculpture ever created by renowned artist Dale sneeze. Since then, the museum has expanded even further by adding a wonderful new lobby, new exhibits and more.
• In the state of Indianapolis is home theater center "Madame Walker", which stands as a memorial to the first woman millionaire, make homemade woman in America, Madam CJ Walker.
• Museum of Art in Indianapolis, USA Today was one of the best 10 places to proposals of marriage – to the famous sculpture of LOVE. Next to the museum and is located on 100 acres, which includes forests, wetlands, grasslands, and 35-Akravim lake located on 100 acres in Virginia B. Fairbanks Art and Nature Park. The park opened in June 2010 and a & # 39 is one of the largest museum art parks in the country, and the only one that is a permanent commission of works of art.
• Zoo in Indianapolis – the only accredited joint zoo, aquarium and botanical garden. Oceans exhibit at the Zoo – The World Tank – the largest tank in the world; while Dolphin Adventures offer the world's first fully immersed experience viewing dolphins. In the summer of 2010 at the Indianapolis Zoo opened a new exhibit – Cheetah: Race for survival.
• Old National Center (originally called Murat Temple, when it opened in 1910) – the largest temple shrines in North America.
• The Indiana State Museum presents the art, science and culture. The museum has exhibits not only inside, but also the exhibit with 92 times the walk, ekster & # 39; EPAM material Indiana materials and many others. It will be submitted to "Titanic: The exhibition of artifacts" on September 25 – January 16, 2011.
• In the State Museum of Indianapolis is Eytergarga of American Indians and Western Art, one of only two museums east of the Mississippi, both Indian as well as with Western art. a new exhibit with replicas of national values, "Jingle Rails" will be opened in November 2010. Each canyon, Mass, house, mountain. Rushmore, and even a replica of Indianapolis & # 39; own monument to soldiers and sailors – are made from natural materials known artist Paul Buse.
• Indianapolis is second only to Washington by the number of monuments and memorials dedicated to the memory of veterans.
• 35th launch of the mini-marathon OneAmerica 500 Festival takes place on Saturday, May 7, 2011. Mini in the past nine years, sold out with 35,000 registrants and 4,000 participants 5K finish Fine Line 500 Festival. Mini marathon – the biggest half-marathon in the United States and even the sixth-largest event in the Americas.
Anyone would agree there is much to do in downtown Indianapolis. People of all ages can have fun in the many museums and historic sites, performing arts and theaters, memorial sites and parks, major sporting venues and a variety of unique attractions.
If you want to see that only in Indianapolis, discover Indianapolis & # 39; Cultural districts.
Indianapolis bursting with pride for six unique cultural districts: Broad Ripple Village, the Canal and White River State Park, Fountain Square, Indiana Avenue, Mass Aries and Wholesale District. Four of the six areas have homes right in the heart of Indianapolis, while the Fountain Square is just a mile to the south-east and the village of Broad Ripple nine miles to the northeast. Areas show different pockets of cultural opportunities, which thrive in the city. You will find a wonderful public art, unique galleries, inspiring museums, quaint shops and fun vacation. Indulge your appetite at gourmet restaurants, ethnic cafes and snacks. Smyayatsesya out loud or dance the night in one of the dozens of nightclubs and theaters. The districts also have a ticket to professional sports and performances.
In the center of live elephants, kids, bowling Dakpin, working indoor carousel, a world-class symphony orchestra, 55-futnaya sculpture "Indiana", a monument to soldiers and sailors, and much more.
In recent years, Indianapolis continues its reputation Amazingly Always New attractions, such as the Rhythm! The Center opened in 2009, Cheetahs: endurance race in the Indianapolis Zoo in 2010 and many new urban residences of the city to be close to the action!
Boasts dining and shopping in the city center
• Circle Center, the center of shopping and entertainment complex in the city center, is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2010.
• Indianapolis with & # 39 is home to the city market in 1886, which was the market & # 39; since then and is undergoing transformation until the spring of 2011 to further expand the market.
• Indianapolis & # 39; Mass Ave, one of the few remaining streets diagonally across the original platform in 1821, is located in the main area of arts and entertainment, where people live, work and play at the same vasmibalochnay zone.
• In the center of downtown Indianapolis has nearly 300 institutions for food and drink.
dining options are endless: from national eateries such as The Capital Grille, Fogh de Chao, Weber Grill, Palomino and Chris Ruth, a unique local hotspots, such as Cafe Saffron, R Bistro, Harry and Izzy and # 39; Pizza Busby.
• steak house "St. Elma" to honor the world has been called "the infamous cocktail shrimp" "Spiceest Food" in the world of bloggers and Travel Channel Allison Stein Velner.
• Slippery Noodle – it is the oldest Indiana (1850). He won the Keeping the Blues Alive – Blues Club Year of Blues Foundation.
With more than 210 shops in the center of the city, residents and visitors can enjoy everything from trendy, unique shops such as jewelry company or Windsor House in the city / Silver in the City, to popular national chains such as Nordstrom, Carson Pirie Scott, TJ Maxx and Border & # 39; s.
JW Marriot Hotel will open its doors in 2011. It is the largest in the world, JW Marriot, which has 1005 rooms and 145,000 square feet. Join the more than 30 high-quality hotels, bed and breakfast in the city center.
• TripAdvisor named Conrad Indianapolis hotel in the most popular American since 2010.
• Indianapolis – the only city, which boasts four professional sports teams that play in a radius of four blocks, all located in the heart of the city. (Peiker NBA, WNBA fever, NFL and Indians Triple-A swing)
• In 2012, in Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium will host Super Bowl XLVI. New entertainment venues opened in 2008.
• In May 2009, Lucas Oil Stadium was named Sportkomplektam, the Street and Smith & Journal;
• Conseco Fieldhouse came to the county County Register Orange, which has become the best arena for the NBA.
• Indianapolis with & # 39 is the home of the football team of the world champion caliber. In 2010, the Indianapolis Colts back in the Super Bowl XLIV. In 2006, in the State of Indianapolis Colts dominated over the Chicago Bears for a victory in Super Bowl XLI.
• Indianapolis – the only city, which took place in the final NCAA for men – four times in ten years:. 1991, 1997 and 2000, the City again took place in 2006 and 2010, as well as in 2015. In 2005, the city was first held in the final four women NCAA, as well as in 2011. ( "Sportnyya News" named Indianapolis as the "Best pryzorny Quartet Quartet", which speaks of the "not the best city for basketball). What the Indy.")
• Indianapolis IS in basketball. The city hosts basketball tournaments, "Big Ten Men" and "Basketball" Women 2008 – 2012 period. In 2007, also visited the women's tournament. Indianapolis hosted the World Basketball Championship, which is held every four years, in 2002. It was the first time in the 52-year history that has ever happened in the United States.
• The race in the Indianapolis 500 – the largest sporting event in the world. Incidentally, the second largest brick factory 400.
• Indianapolis shone a national spotlight when we conducted VISA USA and 2005 Gymnastics National Championships at Conseco Fieldhouse. Group exercises Circle of Stars Invitational with a & # 39 will be in January 2011 in Indy.
• In July 2009, in the State of Indyyanapolis took part in the national championships of the world in swimming and swimming tests ConocoPhillips and testing World Cup World Cup.
• In 2006 and 2007 at the University of Indiana took the US Championship in Athletics on the slopes and at the site of Michael A. Carroll.
• Indianapolis became the second city in the United States host the sport in May 2009 to 100 sports competitions, you have to see live to Robert Tuchmana
Of course, Indianapolis earned his commendable rights even in the capital amateur sports. The road at Indianapolis has long been noted as an urban icon. Adding a field "Victory", "Best score in the Olympic League in America," according to Sports Illustrated, as well as modern feldhaus Conseco and Lucas Oil Stadium, contributed to the development of sports image of the city. . In addition, USHL Indiana Ice – children's hockey team of the first level, which entertains the community of Indianapolis.
During any season, sports fans are sure to find the command "Indianapolis" to unite or come to the event. From the annual championships in Athletics Association Circle City Classic or Indiana high school basketball championships before in the Great ten women and men, the action takes place without interruption.
Moreover, the various national authorities having either moved out of its headquarters in Indianapolis, including an association of black coaches, national collective athletics association, the Federation of USA Gymnastics, USA Track & Field, USA Diving, Inc., United States Synchronized swimming and others.
Boast international awards and competitions
• American Association of Pianists more than 25 years supporting beginning young artists. Unique scholarships, both classical and jazz, provide significant opportunities for the American pianist at the age of 18-30 years to promote your car & # 39; EASURES. Each scholarship is valued at more than 75 000 US dollars, including cash bonuses, fees, advertising and recording capabilities.
• Scholarship "Art Manufacturer Indians Eytergarg" The program has awarded more than $ 1.5 million unrestricted grants and purchases of art, and for the past 10 years, continuously brought together more than 125 works of art 35 Fine Indian artists. This two-year program with a & # 39; is the only one in the world to the Native Americans and the first countries led to differences of "the best collection of modern art in the world."
• Award of Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Zoo handed, with & # 39 is the largest monetary award ($ 100 000) for the preservation of animal species in the world and is presented as an unlimited gift chosen fee. The prize is awarded every second year to the person who has made a terrific contribution to the conservation measures related to a single animal species or multiple species.
• International Violin Competition in Indianapolis is held every four years. Music lovers from all over the world focus their attention on the "Indianapolis", who is now considered one of the most respected music competitions in the world. The 17-day festival 10 – September 26, 2010 are presented talented violinists from all over the world.
boast the future
You might think that the city is completed. It is not true. development impetus remains the same, and more than 3.3 billion dollars of new construction will be completed before 2015. Since 1990, $ 7.9 billion was invested in the city center.
Thus, the next time someone asks you about your city, you can quote a native of Indianapolis David Lettermana. "I am very proud that I was born and spent most of his life in this wonderful community of Indianapolis. It's a beautiful city."
Thank you, Dave. We believe that Indianapolis as well.